Turnip Fries (Adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 medium turnip, cut into equal sized sticks
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Your choice of seasonings (I used sea salt, garlic and onion powder)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Toss the turnip sticks in with the oil and seasonings.
- Lay the turnip sticks evenly spaced on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, checking after 15 minutes.
Now I will have to admit, these sounded good, tasted good and looked good but they just lacked the crispiness fries need! So if you want an option for turnips this will suit you well. If you are craving a crispy fry, I'd take a pass on the turnips and bake some regular ol' potato fries!